- Students are investigating the difference in the properties of two unknown liquids.
- During a class demonstration, a teacher uses a hand lens to burn a dried leaf in a metal tray.
- Students are comparing different plant specimens and putting them in groups according to physical properties.
- The teacher is warming 700mL of water in a glass beaker on a hot plate.
- Students are looking at and sifting through different soil samples while recording the similarities and differences between them.
- Students are investigating volcanic eruptions by creating a model of a volcano with baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring.